The Canadian Experience Quiz – Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
UPDATE: as of noon September 30, 2010, we’ve closed the random draw that has been a part of this particular Quiz series. Winners will be announced soon. But, we’re keeping all the 11 quizzes live, so you can still test your knowledge.
The quiz contest (the “Contest”) may only be entered in Canada (excluding Quebec).
1. How to Enter. Visit www.CdnExperience.ca/ce-quiz and follow the directions to enter. All entrants must have a valid email address. Online ballot contains: contestant’s name, mailing address, phone number, and email address. Limit one (1) completed quiz entry per person/email address. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Multimedia Nova Corporation (the “Sponsor”) and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Delivery of prizes requires a street address (no P.O. Boxes). Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Only fully completed entry forms are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
2. Start/End Dates. Contest begins at 6:01 p.m. EST on April 23, 2010 and ends at 11:59a.m. EST on September 30, 2010.
3. Eligibility. Participation open only to legal residents of Canada (except Quebec residents) who have reached the age of majority as of their date of entry. Employees, officers & directors of Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, dealers, advertising and promotion agencies, or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter. Subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations.
4. Random Drawing/Odds. Eight (8) winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received on or about September 30, 2010 at 12 noon in Toronto, Ontario. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the contest period. The Sponsor will notify selected entrants before October 15, 2010. By entering the Contest, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
5. Prizes. One (1) from the following eight (8) individual prizes will be awarded to each eligible winner. (The following list of books are written by those authors participating in The Canadian Experience).
- J.L. Granatstein, Who Killed Canadian History, 2nd ed., Harper Collins
- N. Hillmer and J.L. Granatstein, A Land Newly Found, Thomas Allen
- Michael Bliss, The Discovery of Insulin, University of Toronto Press
- David Bercuson, The Fighting Canadians, Harper Collins
- Robert Bothwell, The Penguin History of Canada, Penguin
- Penny Bryden, Planners and Politicians: Liberal Politics and Social Policy, 1957-1968, University of Toronto Press
- Adam Chapnick, Canada’s Voice: The Public Life of John Wendell Holmes, University of British Columbia Press
- Pat Brennan, Reporting the Nation’s Business: Press-Government Relations during the Liberal Years, 1935-1957, University of Toronto Press
All Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to substitute a Prize for another prize of equal or greater value should the Prize be unavailable for any reason due to circumstances beyond their control.
6. Notification. Selected entrants will be notified by email and will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question. If any selected entrant cannot be contacted within five (5) calendar days of first notification attempt, if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if any selected entrant rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Contest rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Limit one prize per person, or household.
7. Conditions. Participation in Contest and acceptance of prize constitutes each winner’s permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and province), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by each winner regarding the Contest or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants, and winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with participation in Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with this Contest in any way shall be disqualified. There is no purchase or sales presentation required to participate. A purchase does not increase odds of winning.
8. Additional Terms. In case of dispute as to the identity of any entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. Any other attempted form of entry is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Sponsor, its affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, website, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Contest, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Contest should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Sponsor will select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. Sponsor. Multimedia Nova Corporation, 105 Wingold Ave., Toronto, Ontario M6B 1P8